With digital technology on the rise, data is quickly becoming the central core of an enterprise’s value. Data is what guides companies to make consumer focused decisions in order to improve products and services in a competitive market. Data destruction is not usually top of mind for most organizations. That’s why realizing the potential security and financial risks companies face by not properly destroying their data is detrimental to future success.
The proper steps must be taken to prevent data breaches and ensure your customers’ and organization’s sensitive data has been completely disposed of. In order to get a better understanding of why protecting your data is important, let’s explore data destruction behavior and its impact.
With improper data destruction practices, some of the negative consequences your company could potentially face include:
The cost of proper data destruction is minimal compared with the potential costs of someone accessing your personal data. According to Protiviti, a global business consultant firm for Fortune 1000 and 500 companies, “One in three companies lack policies for information security and data encryption.” Having a secure data destruction process is crucial. Much of the time, sensitive data ends up in the hands of IT employees without the proper procedure to properly dispose of critical information. Hackers are aware of this common issue and are readily available to steal your enterprise’s crown jewels.
Many companies are migrating to the cloud and may relocate their data centers every few years, leaving servers full of private information. Just as any other company, data centers must make sure they plan ahead for data destruction processes in order to stay within the set budget and with minimal operational interruptions for their clients.
For proper data destruction practices, make sure you take electronics to a reliable third party service if your organization does not perform data destruction services in-house. To prevent your company from external data leaks, make sure you are properly destroying old storage media or hire someone who is trusted to do it for you efficiently and eco-friendly like Big Data Supply, Inc. Our processes meet or exceed all laws, acts and compliance regarding data destruction such as HIPPA, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Department of Defense (DOD) and more.
Here at Big Data Supply, Inc., we offer an eco-friendly e-waste recycling program for all tape formats and brands. We comply with multiple laws regarding consumer data including HIPAA, FACTA, SEC, and more. Contact us today and we’ll take care of your data destruction needs no matter how large or small.
If you’re looking to sell lto tapes and/or recycle your new/used LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, LTO-4, LTO-5, and/or LTO-6 data tape media, you’ve come to the right spot.
Each and every day of the week, we are asked why our tape buyback program is better than others out there in the marketplace. We’re also commonly asked why selling and recycling tape is beneficial. The following will answer both questions:
1. We offer top dollar. You can always be sure you’re getting the highest amount of cash possible for each tape we buy.
2. We’ll arrange pickup if needed. Our team can also help you with any major data center decommissioning projects you may face.
3. You can be sure all of your data will be completely destroyed. Major organizations turn to us because they know our tape erasure process is seamless and reliable. We always make sure our clients are adhering to all industry regulations and compliance for data destruction.
4. You will be provided a certificate of data destruction. Our certified process includes certificates to meet industry requirements for data destruction.
5. It’s eco-friendly. Our process will keep your tapes out of landfills and/or incineration. In today’s world, there is absolutely no reason for a single magnetic tape to be thrown into a dumpster. They should be recycled and certified for reuse.
6. We’re easy to work with. Our team is always a call or e-mail away. We offer best-in-class services at all times.
7. You’ll recoup some of your initial data storage investment. Beyond giving you top dollar for your new and used LTO tape, we buy servers, tape libraries, peripherals, and more. We work with our clients to help them recoup initial costs associated with their data centers.
Getting started with our buyback program is very easy. All you need to do is send us a list of what you want to sell (format, version, brand, and quantity), and we’ll offer you a quote.
Drop us an e-mail or call our offices, and we’ll work hand-in-hand with you to help you get the most out of your used tape.
Contact us today: [email protected] | Toll Free 800-905-7329 | Local 949-679-6633
Here's a video on our erasing process on LTO tape media:
Thank you for stopping by our booth at AFCOM Data Center World 2014 and entering our drawing for a 50" SMART TV and a Google Nexus 7 tablet. We will be contacting the winners and posting their video here on our blog soon... Good Luck!
Big Data Supply, Inc. purchases excess new and used data tape media and data center equipment for recycling.
Data Tape Media | Tape Drives | Tape Libraries | Servers | Telecom | UPS | ETC!
All brands and formats.
All products containing confidential data are erased 100% and 100% meet/exceed all laws, acts and compliance regarding data destruction.
For more information and a free value audit of the IT equipment you have for recycling contact via email or phone.
Contact us today: [email protected] | Toll Free 800-905-7329 | Local 949-679-6633
Happy 2014! At Big Data Supply, we are amazed that the New Year has arrived so quickly. As the year unfolds, we will bring you all sorts of interesting facts, ideas, and stories surrounding data tape media.
To begin, we would like to share the importance of e-waste recycling. With only 3 percent of tape cartridges being recycled throughout the U.S., it is vital that organizations begin paying attention and taking action.
By choosing to recycle in 2014, your organization can:
• Keep perfectly good data hardware out of landfills.
• Greatly reduce the amounts of toxic gases from being released into the air. via incineration.
• Provide growing organizations the opportunity to purchase recycled goods and save money.
• Gain positive public relations for caring for the environment.
• Pave the way for a better future for today and tomorrow’s youth.
Plus, you can gain instant cash for selling new or used data tape media and other hardware. In fact, Big Data Supply pays top dollar for all tape cartridge formats including (but not limited to):
IBM 3592 JA, 300GB, 18P7534, 18P9271, 18P9263
IBM 3592 JB, 700GB, 23R9830, 23R9815, 23R9811
IBM 3592 JC, 4TB, 46X7452, 46X7452L, 46X7452LI
LTO-3, 400/800GB - All Brands
LTO-4, 800/1600GB - All Brands
LTO-5, 1.5/3TB - All Brands
LTO-6, 2.5/6.25TB - All Brands
8mm VXA X23, V23, X17, X10, X6, Exabyte or IBM
8mm VXA Cleaning Exabyte, IBM - New
SLR-5, 4/8GB - All Brands
MLR-1, 13/26GB, 16/32GB - All Brands
MLR / SLR Cleaning - All Brands New
4mm 170m DDS-5, DAT72 - all brands
Companies of all shapes and sizes rely on our team to make sure that all data is completely eradicated from tapes, helping them comply with regulations as set forth by SOX, Sarbanes-Oxley, SOX, and HIPAA.
We’ll make sure you are always 100% compliant with all regulations, while providing you instant cash for all of your new and used equipment.
In today’s world, there is no reason that organizations shouldn't take advantage of e-waste recycling programs. It’s a win-win for all parties involved.
Have questions or want to get started as soon as possible? Call or e-mail our recycling team and we can get started!
[email protected] | Toll Free 800-905-7329 | Local 949-679-6633
Our team is often asked why selling tape media, data storage equipment, and other technologies is a good idea. It is actually quite simple…
At Big Data Supply, we offer top dollar for new and used tape media, data storage equipment, peripherals, and other technologies.
The next logical question for many of our prospective clients tends to simply be “why?” And our answer tends to be quite simple:
1. First and foremost, we offer top dollar and/or credit for new and used tape media – such as LTO-2, LTO-3, LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6, and nearly any other tape format. Plus, we purchase disk array, tape libraries, and more.
2. It’s excellent for the environment. Why throw perfectly good equipment into landfills or be an advocate for their incineration? Recycling is the most responsible action you can take.
3. Other organizations and individuals can benefit from your used tape media and equipment. There are up-and-coming organizations that need to save money on technology. Your effort to recycling offers them a perfect opportunity to succeed.
4. Your data will be entirely eradicated. Our proprietary data purging process assures that each and every bit of your data will be erased. Throwing used tape in dumpsters breeds the perfect opportunity for your data to be stolen and industry regulations broken.
5. There is no charge for recycling your used tape media. The process is completely free. When you throw away tape that can be used again, money is thrown down the drain.
Beyond our recycling services, our team loves to educate organizations and individuals on how to develop a data storage system for present and future success. We can help your organization get ready for the next data explosion and develop data storage system that is both cost-effective and highly efficient.
For more information on our tape and equipment recycling program, click here.
Contact us today: [email protected] / Toll Free 800-905-7329 / Local 949-679-6633
Looking to unload new and/or used LTO-4 tape? Big Data Supply, Inc. (that’s us) pays the highest dollar possible for new and used tape.
Our streamlined buyback program assures each and every one of our customers that they are gaining the very best deal without compromising their data. We can either provide cash or credit that can be applied toward newer tape formats and other data storage products.
We also buy other LTO formats, 3592, 8mm AIT / AME / VXA / 3590 / 9840 / 9940 /SLR / MLR / QIC and many other formats.
To assure that all data on used tapes is completely destroyed, we utilize our proprietary method for data destruction – assuring that you will comply with industry regulations as set forth by Sarbanes-Oxley, SOX, HIPAA, the SEC, and more.
There are numerous reasons as to why selling your new and used tape is the right thing to do, including:
• You can collect some quick cash.
• It’s the environmentally conscious thing to do.
• It’s quick and easy.
• You’ll comply with industry regulations for data destruction.
For more information on selling your new and used LTO-4 tape and/or other formats, contact our buyback team at 800-905-7329 or [email protected]
Without a doubt, one of the biggest concerns of our customers is data erasure for their used/old tape. This is to be expected, as proprietary data should be guarded against all odds. This is why we as an organization have developed a winning solution.
Our executive engineering partners spent more than five years investing in research and development for the best possible method of data eradication for LTO cartridges. The technique completely erases each LTO Ultrium tape, rather than re-writing a test pattern over existing data.
To successfully accomplish this task, we actually degauss tapes between the servo bands without destroying them. This allows for them to be reused again by the same or a different organization. Our LTO Tape Erasure and Reconditioning process meets the rigorous demands of major regulatory bodies such as HIPAA, SOX, SEC, Sarbanes-Oxley, and more.
Additionally, our process is environmentally friendly. Because we completely wipe LTO tape free of data and make them ready for reuse, numerous tapes are kept out of landfills and kept from incineration. Recycling is a responsible action that can be taken by organizations large and small.
How Our Reuse Process Works
To give you a deeper understanding of how our process works, the following steps are employed as we recondition LTO tape:
1. All data is completely expunged from pin to hub by “localized” degaussing. (DO NOT USE A TRADITIONAL DEGAUSSER) (see video:
2. The entire tape surface is cleaned.
3. The media pack is exercised and precision retentioned.
4. The tape reference edge is laser scanned and evaluated for quality.
5. Each tape is performance evaluated for age, wear from usage, data errors, servo track errors, and drive interface issues.
6. A separate drive read/write data test and reset to blank tape action is performed.
7. A permanent marker is recorded onto the tape memory to date and reveal our process has been performed.
8. A complete record is kept by Big Data Supply as proof that each tape has undergone erasure, is reset, and is high quality.
There are many benefits surrounding LTO Data erasure. Not only is it eco-friendly and does it help organizations meet various regulations where data is concerned, it has the power to generate cash.
If for any reason you don’t want to hold on to your old tapes, our buy-back program pays cash for recycled tape.
Feel free to ask our team as many questions as you’d like on both data erasure and our buyback program. We live to educate our clients!
[email protected] / Toll Free 800-905-7329 / Local (714) 647-9000